Plugin not listed in gst-inspect

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Sep 10 09:48:31 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 18:36 +0200, Annick Fron wrote:

> I have compiled a plugin, its dynamic library is in the same place as libgstreamer, but it is not listed in
> gst-inspect

GStreamer plugins don't reside in the same place as libgstreamer, but in
a sub-directory (gstreamer-0.10 or -1.0).

If a plugin doesn't show up in gst-inspect (0.10 or 1.0?), it's usually
for one of two reasons:

a) it's in a directory/path that's not checked by default

b) it doesn't/didn't work properly and has been blacklisted

Try:

  gst-inspect-1.0 /absolute/path/to/your/plugin.so

If that ^^ works, the plugin works fine generally.

  gst-inspect-1.0 -b

Shows blacklisted plugins.

 Cheers
  -Tim