Element factory metadata: no valid long-name field

Manuel manuel at wenns-um-email-geht.de
Thu Sep 11 01:34:30 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I developed a GstVideo.VideoFilter which works fine on my Ubuntu 14.04
using the package python-gst-1.0.
Now I tried to run the program on Windows 7 (using
pygi-aio-3.12.2-win32_rev8-setup.exe) but it shows the following warning:

GStreamer-WARNING **: Element factory metadata for 'myvideofilter' has
no valid long-name field

The metadata part in my class looks like:

    __gstmetadata__ = (
        "MyVideoFilter plugin",
        "my_video_filter.py",
        "Just a video filter.",
        "My Contact"
    )

And it's registered like this:

    def _init_plugin(plugin, userarg):
        MyFilterType = GObject.type_register(MyVideoFilter)
        Gst.Element.register(plugin, 'myvideofilter', 0, MyFilterType)
        return True

    version = Gst.version()
    Gst.Plugin.register_static_full(
        version[0],  # GST_VERSION_MAJOR
        version[1],  # GST_VERSION_MINOR
        'MyVideoFilter plugin',
        "Just a video filter.",
        _init_plugin,
        '1.0',
        'GPL',
        'filter',
        'myapp.gst',
        '', # TODO origin, url
        None
    )

I already tried changing most of the values in __gstmetadata__ and the
register_static_full-call, but the error stays the same.
Does anyone has an idea?

Best regards