Frame Loss in mp4 stream

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Thu Sep 11 07:10:03 PDT 2014

On 09/10/2014 03:29 PM, Prabhakar Lad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following pipeline:-
>    gst_element_link_many (appvideosrc, videoqueue, vvalve, videoparse,
> mux, filesink, NULL);
>    gst_element_link_many (appaudiosrc, audioqueue, avalve, audioparse,
> mux, NULL);
>

> initially the vvalve and avalve elements 'drop' property is set to
> TRUE, on after an event I set the 'drop' to FALSE and the data is
> written to filesink.
>
> I am observing that the there is a frame loss at this particular event
> (when drop is set to false) in the video.
Which event is this? Is this a gstreamer event that you are probing?

And how are you detecting a frame was lost? Is it the first or one in
the middle?

> NOTE:- both appsrc are live
>
> Any possible reasons why it looses the frames ? any possible solutions
> to avoid this would be helpful.
What version of gstreamer are you using?

I'd start debugging by adding some debug entries to valve to check if it
drops any buffers after setting the drop to false.

> Thanks,
> --Prabhakar

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley