Is Opus encoder included in Gstreamer?

ge_keep pcouliba at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 14:03:48 PDT 2014

I was able to install libopus-dev and now, I am able to configure the
gst-plugins-bad package and I can see that opus is listed in the plugins
with dependencies that will be build. I built and install the
gst-plugins-bad, but when loaded on my target, and I run gst-inspect-1.0 I
do not get the OPUS features (opusenc, opusdec) in the list of plugins! I
see that opus is in BLACKLIST.
I had other 93 plugins that showed correctly in the gst-inspect-1.0 list
such as adpcmenc, adpcmdec, etc...

with following cmd I am able to see that 0 feature for opus is installed!!!
GST_DEBUG=*:7 GST_DEBUG_FILE=mydebug.log gst-inspect-1.0

This is a snipet of want the debug log gave me:

init:<GstObject at 0x3b318>^[[00m 0x3b318 new
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m read strings for name='libgstopus.so'
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m   desc.description='Plugin for
blacklisted file'
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m
filename='/home/targetNFS/usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstopus.so'
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m   desc.version='0.0.0'
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m   desc.license='BLACKLIST'
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m   desc.source='BLACKLIST'
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m   desc.package='BLACKLIST'
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m   desc.origin='BLACKLIST'
_registry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m   desc.datetime=
lugin:<registry0>^[[00m adding plugin 0x3b318 for filename
"/home/targetNFS/usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/li
ref_sink:<plugin14>^[[00m 0x3b318 ref_sink 1->2
d_plugin:<registry0>^[[00m emitting plugin-added for filename
"/home/targetNFS/usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0
gistry_chunks_load_plugin:^[[00m Added plugin 'libgstopus.so' plugin with 0
features from binary registry

Anyone familiar with this and what the issue could be?