Is Opus encoder included in Gstreamer?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sat Sep 13 03:45:11 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 14:07 -0700, ge_keep wrote:

Hi,

> I was able to install libopus-dev and now, I am able to configure the
> gst-plugins-bad package and I can see that opus is listed in the plugins
> with dependencies that will be build. I built and install the
> gst-plugins-bad, but when loaded on my target, and I run gst-inspect-1.0 I
> do not get the OPUS features (opusenc, opusdec) in the list of plugins! I
> see that opus is in BLACKLIST.
> I had other 93 plugins that showed correctly in the gst-inspect-1.0 list
> such as adpcmenc, adpcmdec, etc...
> Anyone familiar with this and what the issue could be?

Find out why it's blacklisted. Run:

 gst-inspect-1.0 /absolute/path/to/libgstopus.so

And see if it shows any warnings. Also try:

 ldd -r /absolute/path/to/libgstopus.so

it's possible that some old libgstreamer or so gets picked up (e.g. the
system lib instead of the one you installed from source).

Cheers
 -Tim