iOS: arm64 support

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Sep 13 05:45:00 PDT 2014

On Sa, 2014-09-13 at 04:46 -0700, senseless wrote:
> Okay, thanks for reply. Maybe it is to much for a beginner like me to port
> this whole thing
>
> I searched the git repo for a new version of libffi, but i could not find
> anything.
> Referring to https://github.com/atgreen/libffi/blob/master/README version
> 3.1 is required.

See here and the follow-up commits:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/commit/?id=40c4e776ea9d6d1089e556c40f2eb9ed9cbcd836

> However, if a 'beginner' can help with something, let me know.
>
> And what i found about orc, there is an fallback mode, if something fails.
> Could we use this in the beginning just for prototyping? Or is this not
> possible?

ORC should work just fine without changes on aarch64, just very slow.
Before we include aarch64 binaries into our releases that will have to
be fixed.

Apart from that everything should work on aarch64 already, but it needs
someone with the hardware to confirm.

Expertise, Straight from the Source