Network Clocks synchronize very slowly after long delay

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Sep 16 07:05:14 PDT 2014

Le 2014-09-15 15:49, Kevin Boos a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve looked into Aurena’s code but I’m not quite sure about setting up the base time on the client properly.
>
> How exactly should I "adjust the base time to compensate” for the initial seek?  On the server, I’m getting the pipeline’s current clock time (the base time), sending that base time to the client, and then seeking to that point on the client. I’m confused as to what the base time of the client’s net clock should be after I’ve executed the seek operation.

see set_mediaI() in src/client/aur-client.c

Basically the client base time will be the server_base_time + position,
where position is the position you have seeked to. Note that aurena uses
shortcut. Ideally it should not to a blocking get_state() to sync with
the state change, and it should query the position when the seek is
complete in order to get a really trusted client base_time. The demuxer
might not have been has precise as requested.

Nicolas