Unable to get gstreamer to launch tv window

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Sep 17 07:18:29 PDT 2014

Le 2014-09-17 08:06, Rinaldo Merlo a écrit :
> $ v4l2-ctl --set-input=1
> $ v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-video=width=640,height=480,pixelformat=YUYV
> $ gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !  autovideosink
Just for completion, what exact GStreamer version are you running ?
(gst-launch-1.0 --version)

> All I get for output is:
>
> $ gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !  autovideosink
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstSystemClock

The log does not say much, GST_DEBUG="v4l2*:7" would help. Currently the
problem could be anything, but there is no obvious error. Also, can you
check if you're pipeline is deadlocked. I notice in the trace the you
are using libv4l2, for which we have found threading issue recently, and
implemented a workaround (now in gst-plugins-good 1.4 stable).

cheers,
Nicolas