Using input-selector to switch between live rtmp streams

Tzafrir Rehan tzafrir at tzafrir.net
Wed Sep 17 09:21:43 PDT 2014

I need some help please,

I'm trying to build a simple pipeline that connects to several rtmp live
streams (all from a nginx rtmp module running on same machine) and uses
input-selector to switch between them

The pipeline works great until I attempt changing active-pad on the
input-selector *twice*

The first switch works perfectly fine, and the output of the pipeline
changes to the second rtmp stream

On the second switch attempt, the image freezes on input 2 (instead of
returning to input 1) and the bus is getting a lot of qos messages, with
occasional warnings that say 'A lot of buffers are being dropped'

After that, every time the switch returns to input 2, input 2 video is
streamed normally, but again freezes on every switch back to input 1

I attached the code, which is based on input-selector-test

Any help will be very appreciated, thanks in advance!