Clockoverlay + fractional part of the seconds

Mario Montagud Climent mamontor at posgrado.upv.es
Thu Sep 18 01:27:45 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I handled this issue, but I forgot to answer to this thread. I'm sorry
for that! I also thank Sebastian Dröge for his answer.

These are the steps I followed: i) use "textoverlay" component; ii)
retrieve the NTP time (number of seconds + fractional part of the
seconds) of the local machine; iii) attach buffer probes for each
incoming (i.e. captured at the server side) and outcoming (i.e.
rendered at the client side) video frames; and iii) update the text of
textoverlay component in order to display the current NTP timestamps
and frame number.

I used these components to "visually" check the performance of
synchronization across separated devices when using RTSP Server and
GstNetTimeProvider + GstNetClientClock components.

A demo video is at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9GpeFmrgtw

Cheers,

Mario Montagud