Problem with caps between v4l2src and autovideosink

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Sep 18 07:09:41 PDT 2014

Le 2014-09-18 06:39, Alicia Romero a écrit :
>               "format", G_TYPE_STRING, "YUY2",
Format isn't a string, it's a GST_TYPE_VIDEO_FORMAT.

>               "width", G_TYPE_INT, 1600,
>               "height", G_TYPE_INT, 1200,
>               NULL);
>  g_object_set(G_OBJECT(caps_filter), "caps", caps, NULL);
>   [...]
>
> But it is not working, I get:
> Error received from element source: Internal data flow error.
> Debugging information: gstbasesrc.c(2933): gst_base_src_loop ():
> /GstPipeline:test-pipeline/GstV4l2Src:source:
> streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
>
> I suppose the error is because of the caps incompatibility between
> v4l2src and caps_filter.
> Does anyone know why is not working and which caps can I use in my
> application?
You can trace the negotiation GST_DEBUG="*CAPS*:7", and search for "not
compatible" lines to see what is actually going on. In this case, format
(of type VIDEO_FORMAT) is mandatory, but missing / wrong type. This is
most likely the reason.

Nicolas