Unable to get gstreamer to launch tv window

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Sep 18 07:24:40 PDT 2014

Le 2014-09-18 10:01, Rinaldo Merlo a écrit :
> I am running gst-launch-1.0 version 1.2.4 on Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> I've attached the output with the GST_DEBUG turned on. It appears to
> be stuck cycling through the different resolutions forever.
>
> Not sure how to check for a deadlocked pipeline.

Indeed not a deadlock. This particular issue was fixed in 1.4.1 stable.
The change was considered a bit too invasive for 1.2. I would recommend
upgrading to 1.4. Considering Ubuntu 14.04 is a LTS, I'm not sure if
they will ever want to update GStreamer version. Someone could suggest a
backport, and we could reconsider this.

Nicolas