handling eos on a branched pipeline

Lajos Okos lajos.okos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:02:44 PDT 2014

Dear Guys,

This may be an evergreen but I cannot find a solution to handle EOS on a
branched pipeline that enables to start the recordbin for more than one
time.

My pipeline is as simple as:

srcbin ! tee name=t ! displaybin t. ! recordbin

The solutions I found at
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Handling-EOS-in-a-branched-pipeline-td2965563.html
 is working  fine until I start and stop the recordbin for one time.

Once I try to restart the recordbin EOS events are popping up and killing
most of the tasks in my pipeline.

Is there a way to flush every hiding EOS events from the whole pipeline
before restarting the recordbin? Is there a way to catch and handle the EOS
message from the recordbin?

Hope someone has some good ideas!

Best Regards,

Lajos