GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_mutex_lock': Invalid argument. Aborting.

Sergei Vorobyov sergei.vorobyov at facilitylabs.com
Thu Sep 25 02:20:19 PDT 2014

After further investigation I narrowed the problem to the following:

1. I am rendering the video sink on an XWindow, using magic recipes
described in gstvideooverlay (my intention is to use full screen);
2. if I take it away and render in the default window, the problem goes
away: .wmv files are played OK on i965_drv_video.so with vaapisink

Since my main goal is to use vaapisink, the problem goes away: vaapisink
implements GstVideoOverlay, and I can directly specify fullscreen,
rotation, and other properties directly for this sink. #1 is no longer
needed