Simple pipeline to play .avi files and .mp3 files on windows

gakwaya wayadn at yahoo.fr
Sun Sep 28 20:00:16 PDT 2014

Hello ,I am new  trying to find my way around gstreamer.
I have it installed and I want to use gst-launch-1.0 to test pipelines
before I use them in code .I am trying to play mp3 like this :

*gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=pima.mp3 ! mad ! audioresample ! osssink *

as suggested in the manual ,but I am getting the warning:

*WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "osssink"*

Suggesting that I got no ossink plugin installed.How do I get it installed
or is there any other sink that can play mp3 files? I also saw somewhere
that full paths should be used , would the following be correct?

*gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86\bin\pima.mp3! mad !
audioresample ! osssink *

I also want to be able to play avi videos and experiment with different
formats.A command would be helpful or helpful links.

How does one know the right decoders ,sinks and ... for the format in place
.For example how would I know the right ones to play avi formats.I need to
experiment with as much as possible formats to see which one matches better
the needs on our project.

Thank you .