gst-plugins-ugly compatibility...

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:00:08 PDT 2014

Hi, all:

Environment:
OS: Ubuntu 14.04
$ uname -a
Linux peiDesktop 3.13.0-35-generic #62-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 15 01:58:42 UTC
2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm building gst-plugins-***
Particularly, when I tried to build gst-plugins-ugly, I noticed that in the
repositories, there are some upgraded version of

1) mpeg2dec
libmpeg2->libmpeg3

2) sid
libsidplay1->libsidplay2

If I didn't install the old version, say libmpeg2 and libsidplay1, but only
install the newer version libmpeg3 and libsidplay2, gst-plugins-ugly
informs me that "Plug-ins with dependencies that will NOT be built" for
both sid and mpeg2dec .

So, is there a plan for gst-plugins-ugly to be compatible with the newer
version libmpeg3 and libsidplay2?

Cheers
Pei

--