seek in stream with rtmpsink

Chris Landa stylesuxx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 13:50:41 PDT 2014

Hello guys,
I have implemented a trick player and was using the autovideosink for
development - everything was working as expected.
Now I wanted to swap the autovideosink with the rtmpsink, but this
does not to seem to be as easy as I thought.

For better understanding of what I want to accomplish, I made two
gists. They are stripped down of functionality, but what I want to
accomplish is, that when the "l" button is pressed, then a section of
the video is looped over and over after the video has run to the end
the first time and the EOS message is received:

trick player with autovideosink =>
https://gist.github.com/stylesuxx/7c5c796ebe2b154e8fe3
trick player with rtmpsink =>
https://gist.github.com/stylesuxx/fa529f0c2b13526e48a9

I am triggering a seek as soon as I receive the EOS message. This
works with the autovideosink, but does not work when using the
rtmpsink.

To summarize:
What do I have to do to perform seeks while using the rtmpsink?

I would be very thankful if someone could give me a push in the right direction.

Greetz,
Chris

--
        ,--.!,