AW: RELEASE: GstValidate 1.3.90

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Tue Sep 30 22:58:29 PDT 2014

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: gstreamer-devel [mailto:gstreamer-devel-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] Im Auftrag von Thibault Saunier
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. September 2014 17:49
An: Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer
Betreff: Re: RELEASE: GstValidate 1.3.90

Hello Thornton,

>    warning : first buffer's running time isn't 062866666 speed: 1.000000 />
>              Detected on <d3dvideosink0:sink> at 0:00:00.118093949
>              Details : First buffer running time is not 0, it is: 0:00:00.016683333
>              Description : the first buffer's received running time is
> expected to be 0

That issue probably means that there is a timestamping bug somewhere.
These elements in the pipeline are all from git master. Any hints as to where to look to try to find out why the frame with timestamp=0 isn't being sent down the pipeline would be gratefully received.

> [snip]
> Repeats for each frame

Really you get that message for each frame? I doubt it, the test is (at least should be) executed only for the first frame.

The line which is repeated for each frame is not the warning above. It is the line below.

gstbin.c:4023:gst_bin_query: implement duration caching in GstBin again

> The question is, how are these results to be interpreted? Is it a bad mp4 file, could it be the reason why I get a QOS Underflow message for every frame? (although all frames are output to the display.

I do not see QOS underflow message in the logs you sent.
I only set the GST_DEBUG to *:2. In order to see the QOS messages I would have set the debug level to GST_QOS:5

> What does the line in the middle mean
> 0:00:00.300667398  5608 00000000034A5450 FIXME                    bin gstbin.c:4023:gst_bin_query: implement duration caching in GstBin again

It is just a GST_FIXME in the code, not  really an issue.

Regards,

Thibault Saunier