View and forward rtp stream

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Wed Apr 1 12:20:09 PDT 2015

On 03/31/2015 11:19 PM, uler3161 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to both the mailing list and fairly new to gstreamer itself. I'm
> hoping I can get some suggestions on a project I'm trying to set up.
>
> The simple description is that I want to send video from a Raspberry Pi to a
> Windows PC. This PC will allow viewing of the stream at any time (so maybe 3
> minutes into the stream) AND will forward the stream to a destination Pi.

I recently did this on the receiver of a stream:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5000 ! tee name='repeat' ! queue ! udpsink
host=127.0.0.1 port=5001 repeat. !
application/x-rtp,encoding-name=H264,payload=96 ! rtph264depay !
h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! autovideosink

Now you can run run another receiver like this:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5001 !
application/x-rtp,encoding-name=H264,payload=96 ! rtph264depay !
h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! autovideosink

Could be done on the RPI as well.

Rg,

Arnaud