gst rtsp server dynamic linking on already running pipeline

Péter Bocz peter.bocz at vidux.net
Thu Apr 2 01:10:31 PDT 2015

Hi,

i try to implement an rtsp server for an already running pipeline. The main
concept is in a simple example:

videotestsrc -> x264enc -> tee -> queue -> avdec_h264 -> xvimagesink

The pipeline is in PLAYING state. When a client connects to the rtsp server
i would like to request a new pad from tee create the payloader and use
this new bin (queue, pay) as GstRTSPMedia. I already re implemented the
GstRTSPMediaFactory create_element virtual function to create this bin, and
also the create_pipeline function to add the created elements to the main
pipeline. I made some dot-s from the created pipeline as i see it looks
good, but i always get "ignoring stream 0 without media type".

So can you give me some tips what should be the next step ? As i see my
problem is the caps notify is not arrived, so it can't generate the sdp. I
already set the reusable and shared flags.

Thanks in advance.
Peter