Python bindings to gstreamer rtspserver plugin

Hernando Rojas hrojas at lacuatro.com.ar
Mon Apr 6 07:21:10 PDT 2015

Hello,

Krutskikh, el Mon, 6 Apr 2015 16:48:14 +0300
escribiste:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering, what's the status of subj bindings? It seams to be 0.10
> only in every source I googled. That's too bad, since the whole 0.10 I
> believe is unsupported. But even so, I tried the following example
> https://github.com/mpromonet/rpi/blob/master/gpio/rtspserver.py with a
> little chain adjustment ( used "souphttpsrc is-live=1 location=
> http://192.168.0.243:8090/int_cam?ch=1 ! mpegtsdemux ! rtph264pay
> name=pay0" to re-stream the http ts stream by vlc), but got only
[...]

I am using it and its working fine (version 1.4.5).
When you install the rtsp-server package, you have the bindings available too, via PyGI.

Here you have a basic sample (copied from readme sample):
https://gist.github.com/deubs/bbe993a512fe013b0b3a
(You don't need to reimplement media factory, you can just call set_launch() from default media factory).

The generated stream should be available in:
rtsp://localhost:8554/test

--
Hernando