Custom Bin

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 04:10:01 PDT 2015

Hi Sneha,

1 - In the code you've mentioned
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-bin-custom.html>,
what is happening is that you're trying to create en element instance of
the custom 'oggvorbisplayer' plugin. Notice that this 'oggvorbisplayer'
plugin is representative of the custom plugin someone has (personally)
developed and therefore not part of the generically available plugins. You
can find more info on how to write custom plugins in the Plugin Writers
Guide
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/index.html>
.
2 - If you run gst-inspect without any additional argument it will print
the list of available plugins on your system.

Side note: You're reading the manual for 1.4.5 and yet you're using 0.1. I
would recommend bumping it to the latest version.

Cheers