Accelerated scaling on OMX RPi

raphord rphord at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:48:38 PDT 2015

I've been searching for some time but can't figure this one out...I have 8
threads running on a single Linux box generating 8 UDP streams being
multicast on 8 different "channels".  This much is working fine but in order
to keep the CPU workload I am using frame sizes of 960x540 @ 30 frames per
second.I have a raspberry pi (not the absolute latest gstreamer code but
from about 2 months ago compiled on the pi) showing this stream using the
following pipeline:gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc multicast-group=226.1.1.6
auto-multicast=true port=7001 caps='application/x-rtp,encoding-name=H264' !
rtph264depay ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! glimagesinkThis stream works fine
and shows the video fine with about 25% CPU utilization.  The screen
resolution of the pi is set to 1920x1080 and I want to scale the image up to
fill the screen.  I can make it the right size using videoscale but I'm
assuming this doesn't use the hardware because the CPU hits the maximum and
complains of the computer being too slow.What do I need to put into the
pipeline to double the size of the video in hardware?  Alternatively I don't
mind hacking the code to double the size if I can be directed where to put
this.... I don't need a general solution as the scaling will always be 2
times larger.