GStreamer with Android Studio

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 00:50:22 PDT 2015

> What is the purpose of the import line?

I think that your question is better answered with this
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/package/usepkgs.html.
In a dumbed down explanation 'import org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GStreamer;'
 is importing the Gstreamer class defined in
<module>/src/main/java/org/freedesktop/gstreamer/Gstreamer.java .

would that be the GStreamer .a files or the source header files?

The native code you're going to compile in tutorial-1, respectively
libgstreamer_android.so and libtutorial-1.so,  will be loaded when you
invoke the following snippet.

static {
    System.loadLibrary("gstreamer_android");
    System.loadLibrary("tutorial-1");
}

Cheers