problem with vaapi

Víctor M. Jáquez L. vjaquez at igalia.com
Mon Apr 20 06:37:00 PDT 2015

On 04/20/15 at 12:26pm, Gofrane Haj Ahmed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I run
> *gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=source.mp4 ! qtdemux ! vaapidecode !
> vaapisink *
>
> I got this error
>
> ibva info: VA-API version 0.36.0
> libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
> libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
> libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_36
> libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> Got context from element 'vaapidecode0': gst.vaapi.Display=context,
> display=(GstVaapiDisplay)NULL;
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0: GStreamer
> encountered a general stream error.
> Additional debug info:
> qtdemux.c(4404): gst_qtdemux_loop ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
> streaming stopped, reason not-supported
> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> Freeing pipeline ...

Looks like if vaapidecode doesn't understand the stream demuxed by qtdemux.

Why don't you use playbin?

In order to be understand what's happening, first you should know what are the
codec available in your hardware:

$ vainfo

Then, to know what's the video codec used in  source.mp4 stream:

$ gst-discoverer-1.0 source.mp4

vmjl