Challenges with interaudiosink/src

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:34:23 PDT 2015

Hey everyone,

I'm struggling a little bit with the interaudiosink and interaudiosrc
elements. I'm running 1.4.3 for the record.

I'm having an issue with interaudiosrc because he complains that "no layout
given". I was having this error with this pipeline

GST_DEBUG=4 gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! interaudiosink channel=1
interaudiosrc channel=1 ! interaudiosink channel=2 interaudiosrc channel=2
! autoaudiosink

Should this fail at all? Adding a capsfilter in there did clear the issue

GST_DEBUG=4 gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! interaudiosink channel=1
interaudiosrc channel=1 ! *audio/x-raw, layout=interleaved* !
interaudiosink channel=2 interaudiosrc channel=2 ! autoaudiosink

Now I'm trying a case where these elements are actually split over three
pipelines. When I launch it, I don't see any error message on the bus, but
I'm not hearing any sound. If I launch the same code but now with
GST_DEBUG=4, then the first interaudiosrc reports once more "no layout
given" althought the capsfilter is there.

Any insight would be great.

Cheers,
Sérgio