buffer_pool number of buffers : how to configure ?

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macq.eu
Wed Apr 22 06:43:02 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I have a gstreamer pipeline starting with v4l2src and doing image analysis.
Some images take much more time than the others, but in average my processor
is able to handle the flow.  However if I do not have enough buffers to store
the incoming images, they get lost.  How could I specify, for example,
that I want to work with 100 frame buffers in the v4l2 driver, either
as a property of an existing plugin, or in my own plugin ?
I want to avoid copying to another buffer the images dequeued in v4lsrc.

Thanks in advance

Philippe

--
Philippe De Muyter +32 2 6101532 Macq SA rue de l'Aeronef 2 B-1140 Bruxelles