RT gstreamer

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Thu Apr 23 14:35:16 PDT 2015

We accomplish that by handling the STREAM_STATUS message in a bus sync
handler (not (!) a bus watch). The sync handler is called from within
the thread the message originates from. The STREAM_STATUS message
informs you when a thread is created, enters its loop function, exits
its loop function etc. So, when we get STREAM_STATUS with stream status
type GST_STREAM_STATUS_TYPE_ENTER , we set the priority of the current
thread to realtime.

If you need to increase and decrease priorities for different streams, I
suggest you make use of GST_STREAM_STATUS_TYPE_LEAVE as well.