Video to jpeg: embedding timecode into the jpegs

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue Aug 4 16:35:13 PDT 2015

On 05 Aug 2015, at 1:08 AM, Thiago Santos <thiagoss at osg.samsung.com> wrote:

> The jifmux element can write exif tags to jpeg streams.
>
> frame. ! videorate ! video/x-raw,framerate=1/1 ! jpegenc ! jifmux ! queue ! multifilesink location=frame%d.jpg
>

> You can have a buffer pad probe in the jpegenc source pad and on the probe push a tag event to the jifmux with the tags you want to have written. For each buffer you send a new tag event updating the time for the frame.

Do you have an example pipeline to show this in action? I tried adding the jifmux element as above, but it seems there is no change to the exif data - I am assuming I am missing a step:

pi at raspberrypi3 ~ $ identify -format '%[EXIF:*]' /var/www/stream/frame0.jpg

> jifmux also implements the GstTagSetter interface so you can also use this API http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstTagSetter.html on it from the pad probe to update the tags for that jpeg buffer.

Can the above API be called from gst-launch?

Regards,
Graham
—