splitmuxsink muxing AV data

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Wed Aug 5 07:42:20 PDT 2015

On 08/05/2015 06:21 AM, Ssagarr Patil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have following pipeline:
>
>   gst_bin_add_many (GST_BIN (pipeline), splitmuxsink, vsrc,
>                     vparse, queue1, asrc, aparse,
>                     queue2, queue3, queue4, NULL);
>
>   gst_element_link_many (vsrc, queue1, vparse, queue3, splitmuxsink,
> NULL);
>   gst_element_link_many (asrc, queue2, aparse, queue4, splitmuxsink,
> NULL);
>
> But it fails with following error:
>
> (graphics:294): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: Padname video is not unique in
> element splitmuxsink, not adding
>
> Any pointers on what is missing ?
This is because of the way link_many will work. It will request a pad
from splitmuxsink without much information on the type of the pad so you
are trying to create a video pad twice and splitmuxsink will reject it.

You can work around this by explicitly requesting video and audio pads
and linking manually.

1) get the pad templates for video and audio from splitmuxsink
2) gst_element_request_pad on splitmuxsink for video and audio pads
3) Use get the pad of your queue3 and queue4 elements
4) use gst_pad_link to link the queues with splitmuxsink pads you have
requested.

> Can I use splitmuxsink to mux video and audio ?
Yes, you can.

Regards,

> Thanks,
> -sagar

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley