Add/remove pipeline branches from tee

petesmah peter.dawson5 at baesystems.com
Thu Aug 6 02:43:33 PDT 2015

I have a pipeline in GStreamer of the following structure:

rtspsrc -> rtph264depay -> parser -> tee
-> queue -> (bin - MP4 file)
-> queue -> (bin - RTP/UDP)

What I want to be able to is, on interrupt from bus, remove (or add) a
specified branch.

I'm following the gstreamer guide, section 19.4

When the pipeline first starts playing all is well and everything plays how
it should. My issue is that when I add a branch, its elements don't get to
the PLAYING state. They get as far as PAUSED, except for the last element
which remains at READY. I've tried keeping the queue on the tee and
unlinking the bin from the queue.

When I tried putting the queue in the bin and linking/unlinking from the
tee, I had issues removing the bin even after blocking the branch and
sending an EOS.

How should I go about doing this dynamic branch manipulation?

Thanks in advance