hardware decode on android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Aug 7 07:01:03 PDT 2015

On Do, 2015-08-06 at 07:12 -0700, 921261636 at qq.com wrote:
> <http://gstreamer
> -devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4673012/Q1O%7B3T28Y%5D602%28I%60CKF
> HD%25H.png>
> this is the logcat of the app.
> the other pipeline on ubantu is
> gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! rtph264pay
> config-interval=1 ! udpsink host=192.168.1.58 port=5000
> i tried to change pipeline many times ,but result did not change

For debugging this issue, it would need access to the actual device.
It's necessary to basically do trial & error to understand how the
actual hardware works and e.g. how to calculate the correct strides.

The code in question is in gst-plugins
-bad/sys/androidmedia/gstamcviddec.c, basically the code that copies
the output buffers is the one that needs to be adapted for this
specific codec. In a way that it only affects this codec, and not
others that go through the same code path.
I also have a device here with MTK decoders, and they worked fine with
the android h264 decoder a while ago. So it's probably something that
is specific to the actual version of the SOC your device is using.

Which device is it exactly?