gst_app_sink_pull_buffer undefined reference

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Aug 13 02:18:32 PDT 2015

On Do, 2015-08-13 at 00:22 -0700, gagankumarnigam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i am using gst_app_sink_pull_buffer in my code for capturing snap
> shot but
> getting error undefined referrence to gst_app_sink_pull_buffer during
> compilation. though  i had set the path of PKG_CONFIG_FILE(export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=) but still i am getting the same error . Already
> googled lot but not getting any solution.

You have to link not only to gstreamer-0.10, but also to gstreamer-app
-0.10 for having access to those symbols. It's a separate pkg-config
file.

> I am using gstreamer-0.10 with rhel-6.5

Don't use GStreamer 0.10, especially not for new software. It's
unmaintained and unsupported since about 4 years now, and missing lots
of bugfixes and new features that are in the 1.x series of GStreamer.