GLimagesink in a widget

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 05:56:06 PDT 2015

On 12/08/15 21:08, Nuzut wrote:
> So, I've been working with this for a while now. I'm trying to design a video
> streamer using the raspberry pi 2 and GLimagesink. I have the omx plugins
> working with hardware acceleration, and everything works fine when running
> two pipelines to transmit video back and forth. My issue comes in to play
> when I try to embed GLimagesink in a widget. I've used the example on this
> page:
> http://code.metager.de/source/xref/freedesktop/gstreamer/gst/plugins-gl/tests/examples/qt/videooverlay/videooverlay.cpp
> and everything compiled fine. It was just when I tried to run the program
> the videotestsrc was drawn in the middle of the screen and not on the
> widget. I've also tried QtGstreamer using the voip example and still haven't
> had any luck. if someone could point me in the right direction that would be
> awesome!
>
> The library versions I'm using are: Qt5.5.1, Gstreamer(base, good, bad, omx,
> libav) all pulled from git. I'm willing to use other options if they're out
> there.

Hi,

The trend with recent GUI toolkit frameworks is to perform rendering
entirely client side and avoid actual windows (X11, wayland, or
otherwise).  This of course does not fit very well with GstVideoOverlay
and as a result, a number of sinks have been implemented for various
toolkits.  For Qt there is currently only a qmlglsink that will draw
into a qml based scene but no Qt Widget based element (yet!).  The
element has not been tested on the rpi however there would only need to
be a couple of changes in the element at most to make it work there as
well.  I currently don't have my rpi with me to be able to check if it
works or not.

Cheers
-Matt