how to send "custom" event tag (gboxed type) through rtp ?

Deven deven.joseph at arcure.net
Thu Aug 13 05:55:40 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have a Gsreamer plugin which sends tag of type G_BOXED_TYPE.
When I try to receive this tag without using rtp in an other plugin, it
works :

/ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location="<location of a file>" ! avidemux !
SENDER_EVENT_TAG ! READER_EVENT_TAG ! videoconvert ! autovideosink/

But I want to use rtp protocol in order to "transfer" video and event tag to
an other device :

/Server :
gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location="<location of a file>" ! avidemux ! queue
! SENDER_EVENT_TAG ! rtpgstpay ! udpsink blocksize=1000000
buffer-size=1000000 host=10.0.3.144 port=5000/

/Client :
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5000 ${CAPS} ! rtpgstdepay ! queue !
READER_EVENT_TAG ! videoconvert ! autovideosink/

The other event_tag is read correctly by READER_EVENT_TAG.
When SENDER_EVENT_TAG uses integer type instead of G_BOXED_TYPE, it works.
It doesn't work with g_pointer type and g_boxed_type.

Did you have any idea about transferring custom event tag through rtp ?

Best regards,