Removing a bus watch when tearing down a pipeline

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 08:43:05 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I am attaching a bus watch to a pipeline using gst_bus_add_watch. I
have some questions:

1. When I tear down the pipeline (by setting its state to NULL, and
then calling gst_object_unref(pipeline), do I still need to remove the
bus watch to prevent resource leaks? Or isn't this necessary?

2. Is it possible to remove a watch by calling g_source_remove or
gst_remove_watch from the bus watch callback function itself? (I know
that this can also be done by returning FALSE from the callback)

Thank you,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez at gmail.com