spectrum element in python

Christian Leichsenring cleichsenring at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Aug 13 04:37:52 PDT 2015

Hi

I'm trying to use the spectrum element in python but hit two obstacles.
The first one is that when I try to access the messages sent by calling

message.get_structure().get_value("magnitude")

I get a "TypeError: unknown type GstValueList". I could only find a few
mentions of this kind of error (e.g.
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Parsing-GstStructure-in-python-td4655523.html)
but never with any helpful response.

The second problem is that with to_string() I can see that the data is a
2×128 array (with the number of bands being the default of 128), even
though there are 48 channels in the audio stream. So I should really be
getting a 48×128 array (with multi-channel set to true of course).

Any help on these issues would be much appreciated. Regards,

	Christian