AW: install gstreamer from git on ubuntu

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Sat Aug 15 03:52:23 PDT 2015

On 08/15/2015 04:06 AM, Bernhard Graaf wrote:

> Sounds interesting!
>
> I will try this.

GStreamer will by default install to /usr/local and usually your system
will have its version in /usr/lib, this avoids replacing your system's
version with a custom build. If you really want to overwrite your
system's version manually you can pass --prefix=/usr to configure but
that might break something in your system.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/scripts/gst-uninstalled
is one of the recommended ways to setup a development environment to use
git master (or any other version) of gstreamer, but this won't install
it to your system it just creates an environment that you can use to
develop/use gstreamer git.

> Thanks
>
> Bernhard

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley