Streaming RTP video with MTU property set

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Aug 16 00:32:36 PDT 2015

On So, 2015-08-16 at 10:30 +0530, Prasad Bhat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am writing source and sink plugins for a custom GStreamer pipline,
> and facing an issue.
> The medium that transports the video has a mtu limitation, So I am
> setting mtu property in the transportsink.
>
> [...]
> In the myvidsink I have a bin, which has capsfilter, rtph264pay and
> transportsink. The mtu property is set on rtph264pay.
>
> [...]
>
> The problem I am facing is, the video streams properly for 10-15
> seconds, and then it gets corrupted. Could anyone please help me by
> pointing out what I am doing wrong?

Check with e.g. wireshark if packets get lost, or if any packet
fragmentation is happening. RTP packets have a sequence number, and
that's supposed to be monotonically increasing by one.

Also make sure that you have large enough kernel-side buffers for the
UDP sockets on both sides, and try increasing them if you didn't do so
yet.