Using NVENC in GStreamer

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Aug 18 09:06:18 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-08-18 at 08:34 -0700, jhludwig wrote:

> I'd be interested in testing the nvenc encoder, it doesn't seem to be in the
> tree yet?  is there an ETA?

We're currently preparing to release GStreamer 1.6. The element will be
merged once 1.6 is out (and we've branched off), so hopefully within the
next 1-2 weeks or so.

You can however simply download the patch from bugzilla and apply it to
your gst-plugins-bad tree with 'git am nvenc.diff'. You may have to
figure out configure options to tell configure about the location of
cuda etc. on your system if it doesn't pick it up by itself.

 Cheers
  -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland