glshader opengl element gst1.5.1

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:19:14 PDT 2015

On 19 Aug 2015 1:55 am, "Hamdi Rakkez" <hamdi.rakez.selotec at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ok cool.
>
> and does glshader can take vertex shader files besides fragment shaders ??

Currently no. However i have the beginnings of a branch that does and
rewrites the majority of the shader infrastructure to accomadate overriding
the entire shader pipeline from the glshader element.

> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:05 PM, Matthew Waters <ystreet00 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently you cannot just use any shader you grab off the internet in
glshader.  If the shader is ill-formed (syntax errors, etc) then we will be
unable to use it and glshader will error out appropriately (perhaps with
the obscure error).  You can see some debug information by setting
GST_DEBUG=3 or GST_DEBUG=gl*:7 for everything GL related about why it
failed to initialize and what it was trying to do.

>> The other thing to watch is that the attributes (position/texture
coordinates) must match the gst_gl_shader_set_uniform*() calls in
glshader.c otherwise GL does not know how to match the necessary
information to render the quad.

>> -Matt
>>

>> On 14/08/15 12:07, Hamdi Rakkez wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm using gstreamer1.5.1 on ubuntu 14.04 LTS
>>>
>>> My question is why can't I use any shader file with glshader element.
>>> In most of the time I get this error message from gstglfilter.c
"Subclass failed to initialize"

>>> I have a simple shader file which works actually but a lot of other
files simply don't and gstreamer always come out with the same error
mentioned above.