gst-plugins-bad: gtk/gl: Use our GL function table instead of directly calling GL functions

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Aug 19 23:55:09 PDT 2015

On Mi, 2015-08-19 at 16:56 -0700, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Matthew had told me this was fine, since it maps to epoxy_glClear and
> so on through GTK/Epoxy (which we link against).

Just that it's not :)

epoxy works by #defines that map e.g. glClear to epoxy_glClear. If we
want to use that we will have #include epoxy/gl.h and also link against
epoxy. Unfortunately this doesn't work because the epoxy headers
conflict with the GLES headers. Once that is fixed we can do that.

We were here using the symbols from libGL directly, not the one from
epoxy.

And in general, whenever we use some symbols, we have to explicitly
link against the library that provides them. That is, libGL if we use
glClear or libepoxy if we use epoxy_glClear.

I think this commit should be ok though, we use the GL symbol table
from the GTK context. The only alternative here would be to make epoxy
not conflict with the GLES headers.