Trouble with Gstreamer installation from Cerbero

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Aug 21 04:11:43 PDT 2015

On Fr, 2015-08-21 at 03:40 -0700, Giacomo D wrote:
> Hi at all,
> is there someone who can help me with trouble I am having with
> Gstreamer Installation on Cerbero?
> I did everything in the short guide using this link:
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+C
> erbero but I get the error below.

gstreamer.com is a website that is not related to the GStreamer project
and unfortunately we don't have any control over it. It's a project by
two companies and they're still using the old 0.10 GStreamer version,
which is no longer supported since about 3 years.

The official website of the GStreamer project is
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org and our version of cerbero that is
able to build the latest version is available from here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

Please try with this (after removing the old cerbero installation
completely), the instructions are almost the same but see the README
file for details. Biggest difference is that you have to call
  ./cerbero-uninstalled -c yourconfig package gstreamer-1.0
instead of
  ./cerbero-uninstalled -c yourconfig package gstreamer-sdk

What is your target platform btw? And you might also be able to use the
binaries that are provided by the GStreamer project.