Portable version of GStreamer 1.5.2 on Windows

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon Aug 24 04:52:47 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 7:08 AM, Harry <mckameh at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> I copied all the 284 DLLs in the 1.5.2 release to the same folder as are my executable and my DLL that calls GStreamer.
> The folder structure is absolutely flat, with no sub-folders.
> I can clearly see that libgstaudiotestsrc.dll is inside the folder.

I'm not positive about this but I'm quite sure GStreamer looks for
plugins under lib/gstreamer-1.0 in the directory above the one where
gst-launch-1.0 is located. In other words for
root/mybin/gst-launch-1.0.exe, it will look for plugins in
root/lib/gstreamer-1.0. As Keith said, you could add root/mybin to the
GST_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable and it should work. However I
personally like to keep plugins in a separate directory.