1.5.90 and GCrypt

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Aug 26 08:08:13 PDT 2015

On Mi, 2015-08-26 at 16:33 +0200, Daniel Dédisse wrote:

> My GStreamer project on iOS uses GCrypt.
> Can’t compile my project with GStreamer 1.5.90 because GCrypt is not
> included.
> Is there a reason ?
> Will Gcrypt be back in 1.60 ?

gcrypt was included for gnutls in older versions, nowadays gnutls does
not depend on it anymore and we dropped gcrypt as it's not used by
anything. You can probably use nettle or hogweed as a replacement
(that's what gnutls uses nowadays).

Everything in the binary packages except for the GStreamer APIs is not
guaranteed to stay there forever, these things are just dependencies of
something used by GStreamer or one of the plugins.