How to write GStreamer plugin from existing element x264enc

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Aug 27 13:41:04 PDT 2015

Le jeudi 27 août 2015 à 12:21 -0700, arpita banerjee a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for your comments. I have two more question:
> In x264enc do we use FMO ?

I believe the supporting library does not, unless it was added since.

https://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/x264-devel/2007
-March/002794.html

> Is there any option to change NALU size or slice size in rtp packet?

There exist "option-string" to pass any options x264 support. We don't
expose everything through properties, option-string is a generic
interface to help with that. The option you ware looking for is ‘slice
-max-size’. Refer to x264 manual and wiki for more details.

Nicolas