Qt-Gstreamer crashes with eglfs platform

sriraman sri_ravi04 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 11:53:45 PDT 2015

Hi ,

I saw a similar post regarding the same issue that was posted in year
2013-Dec-08, but the solution was not clear, I am facing a similar issue,
below is a brief intro of what i have done so far:

I have used yocto project to install QT5.4 (fido branch) and gstreamer 1.0
into imx6q board from freescale which is running on kernel 3.10.17. I have
gpu-viv-bin-mx6q ( GPU driver and apps for imx6) installed as well.

I can play videos with gstreamer using gst-launch-1.0.
I then built and installed qt-gstreamer 1.02. It works fine with X11
windowing system and linuxfb but fails with eglfs.

when i run the player example from qt-gstreamer with -platform eglfs the
widget is shown but when i select the video file the application crashes
without any error message.

I checked the GST_DEBUG output but could not find anything there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Sriram