What is the right version of gst-rtsp-server on gstreamer 1.2.4?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Aug 31 14:26:33 PDT 2015

On Sat, 2015-08-29 at 14:04 -0700, Giacomo D wrote:

Hi,

> I installed gst-rtsp-server 1.2.3, but when I run with python 3.4 compiler a
> simple example I get this error:*
>

> /usr/bin/python3.4 /home/giacomo/PycharmProjects/untitled/stupidiEsempi.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2135, in _find_spec
> AttributeError: 'DynamicImporter' object has no attribute 'find_spec'
>
> During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/giacomo/PycharmProjects/untitled/stupidiEsempi.py", line 7, in
> <module>
>     from gi.repository import Gst, GObject, GstRtspServer
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/importer.py", line 53, in
> find_module
>     'introspection typelib not found' % namespace)
> ImportError: cannot import name GstRtspServer, introspection typelib not
> found
>

> *If I change on python 2.7 I get this:*
>

> /usr/bin/python2.7 /home/giacomo/PycharmProjects/untitled/stupidiEsempi.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/giacomo/PycharmProjects/untitled/stupidiEsempi.py", line 7, in
> <module>
>     from gi.repository import Gst, GObject, GstRtspServer
> ImportError: cannot import name GstRtspServer
>
> Process finished with exit code 1
>
> *what is the problem?

Well, where did you install it to? (Into what prefix?)

My guess would be that the gobject introspection bits needed for the
bindings got installed somewhere where they're not being found by
default. Maybe you need to set the GI_TYPELIB_PATH environment variable?

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland