Error in rtsp server installation

stproj smpalasis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:35:58 PST 2015

Greetings,

I am trying to install gstreamer rtsp server in order to build an
application. What is wrong is that when i do *./configure* on the folder i
get this error:

*checking for GST_BASE... yes
checking for GST_PLUGINS_BASE... no
configure: No package 'gstreamer-plugins-base-1.0' found
configure: error: no gstreamer-plugins-base-1.0 >= 1.6.0 (GStreamer Base
Plugins) found*

I tried except with different version from lower branches but i get the same
error. Moreover, i can compile and run test codes from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/?h=1.6
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/?h=1.6>
without a problem and gst-inspect --version gives:

*gst-inspect-1.0 version 1.6.0
GStreamer 1.6.0 *

My gstreamer installation is in /usr/include , installed from official
package.

I don't understand what seems to be the problem, so any help or direction
would be very helpful.

Best regards,
S.