GStreamer element multifilesrc does not throw EOS with stop-index parameter set

Marcus mark.adamson at omgplc.com
Wed Dec 2 12:16:40 PST 2015

I have a pipeline which does not throw an EOS when I have the
stop-indexparameter set.

The pipeline looks like this:

gst-launch-0.10 multifilesrc start-index=140 stop-index=145
location="ADIF%04d.jpg" ! image/jpeg, framerate=5/1 ! decodebin ! videoscale
! video/x-raw-yuv, width=1920, height=1080, framerate=5/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace
! queue ! x264enc bitrate=5000 ! queue ! h264parse ! avimux ! filesink
location=x264enc_1080p_5fps_bitrate_5000.avi

This pipeline continuously creates a video of the 5 frames ADIF0140.jpg ->
ADIF0145.jpg, repeatedly, until I manually stop it. For example, I would
have a video which shows the 5 frames, then the 5 frames again, and again
and again etc. Its like its stuck in a loop of some kind.

If I remove the stop-index, then the pipeline will generate an EOS when the
file list is exhausted. However, I need the pipeline to throw an EOS once
I've reached a specific number of frames.

gst-inspect-0.10 multifilesrc tells me that the stop-index parameter does
indeed tell the pipeline to stop once the index has been reached. Maybe I'm
misunderstanding something?

Is there a way for multifilesrc to generate an EOS on reaching the
stop-index parameter?